Ten things I love about Korea. Part 2

>> Monday 18 January 2010

6. Ajummas: These are the little old Korean women. Often found in packs, always with the short curly perm, usually head to toes in North Face walking gear. They look adorably cute but don't let this fool you. They are powerhouses. They will pass you to the top of the mountain, stopping only to pinch your big western hips and laugh at you. Pulling your hair is an optional extra.

7. K-pop: I love this stuff. I love, love, love my dirty pop and Korea is excellent at it. Hundreds of manufactured bands filled with hot young things. It is so addictive and it always makes me happy after a crappy day.

8. My friends: The foreigners that i have found here have been an amazing bunch of people from all over the world. I don't think many British people are lucky enough to meet such a huge spectrum of people. I've been lucky enough to find some great people. Ont the other hands there are still a few bitchy girls and a plethora of LBHs (losers back home) who are generally to be avoided.

9. Norabang: Basically karaoke with a Korean name. Private rooms where you can sing and dance to your hearts content. Gotta love it.

10. Koreans: Yes they stare, spit, point, shout 'foreigner', push using their tiny elbows (defiantly not as badly as certain other Asian countries I have been to), are all skinny and pretty but they are great. Friendly, generous, helpful and (most) make me happy to be here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Just in case you ever need to send me things. Marmite and teabags are always welcomed

Felicity Lloyd
538 J Building, 4th Floor
Bongsun-Dong, Namgu
Gwangju
South Korea
Jeollanam-do
503060

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP