My bike vs Korean drivers

>> Thursday 19 November 2009

I have a bike. Yay!!!!!

It is a bit odd really. I wimped out of cycling in London because I thought that I would be mowed down by a bendy bus but I have no problem cycling in a country where nearly all cars have a TV in the dash board. Seriously, they do. And the courts has just rejected the idea of fining taxi drivers who watch them whilst driving because of a law created in 1961. I would suggest that this law is of little relevance as korea still getting over the war and people didn't have much food, let alone a bloody TV in their car.


They drive along watching these ridiculous programs that all seem to be a 1970 like variety show that mocks the old, fat and mentally disabled. No-one seems to pay much attention to the road and it is very much each man for himself. I guess that the argument is that the TVs help people to reverse park as they show the rear view however I have already seen two cars merrily reverse into parked cars. It may be judgemental (and hypocritical) but Koreans are pretty crap drivers.
I love my new bike as it is all down hill on the way to work and it now only takes me about 5 mins. But what goes down must go up and that ride on the way back is a killer. I am sooooo unfit. I have to stop and have a little rest on the way back. Hopefully I'll have the arse of a god by the end of the year without the Chris Hoy (sp?) thighs.

Annoyingly I feel like I'm just about to get a cold. Bummer and just before my birthday (saturday in case you had forgotten). I have also come to realise that Korea is my enabler - drinking, smoking, shopping (amongst other things) are all too easy here. With the realisation of thsi fact I will celebrate by getting a little pissed.

1 comments:

Unknown 21 November 2009 at 14:24  

For some strange reason, I got little upset readin you're blog today, must be missing you (despite never seeing when you were in the same country). Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Uni is a bloody killer, literally spent last night (Friday) readin up about the courts. PISSER. I had the most embarrsing moment in one of my tutorials, the tutor asked my who the Home Secretary was, and obviously I had no idea. Tres baba for me. Thought you might like that story. Loks like I'm going to ave to start reading the Times instead of the Sun, boo!

Lots of love xxx

Post a Comment

Just in case you ever need to send me things. Marmite and teabags are always welcomed

Felicity Lloyd
538 J Building, 4th Floor
Bongsun-Dong, Namgu
Gwangju
South Korea
Jeollanam-do
503060

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP